We had a great guest speaker in second last week of this course. There were one man telling us about sales work and how it have changed in a couple decades and how it should change in the future. I have done some years selling as my job and I wanted to quit it because I didn´t love my job anymore. The biggest reason was that I felt the customers don´t respect me anymore and there is no reason me to be there because they allready have found out all the information about the products beforehand.
That was one of the biggest changes which the speaker told about. The product information. Nowdays people have the power and chance to get all needed product information before entering a store. Internet gives possibilities to this. Another things are product availibility and price. Shop keepers have lost the power of these too. Customers can buy nearly everything online when ever and where they want, and that is the reason why shop keepers have to be alert nowdays. Still many shop keeper forget most important thing in their business. The sellers. They spend a lot of money on nice outstandings and miljeu but they don't invest in sellers. I think this is the most common reason why people buy in online. Sellers don't be in that level where they should be.
Ilkka also told us similarities between Aristothele's theory and Kotler's marketing theory. Both based on same kind of thinking. People makes their dicisions on reason, feeling or trust. Like Aristothele said: logos, pathos and ethos. Kotler have based his marketing theory on same way. Marketers should think their marketing strategy on this. It was intetesting to notice the similarities of these theories. And I think this is the right way to do marketing.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti