I attended on extra lecture session in Korjaamo on 18th of November. The subject there were entrepreneur stories from Taivas+Helvetti books. I have to say I really liked this event and all the speakers were in their own way very inspiring.
At first I was so impressed about one of the slogans which I saw in roll-up stand.
Same in English: "None physical disability or injury, isn´t that hard than disability in your attitude." I totally agree! I have noticed that attitude is one of those things which are very difficult to change in one´s personality. Maybe because most of finnish people are quite stubborn, like me. One of my classmate said well: "No matter how smart or intelligent you are, but without attitude you are nothing." This is another point of view which I agree.It doesn´t matter what you can do but it matters what you are willing to do. And it´s all up to you.
In the event there were four guest speakers, who talked about innovations, re-branding company, products and courage to do your thing and going abroad with it. The most inspirational speech was from a blind man who is designing lamps. He said well: " I was so bottom in my life, there were no other option or way out than going up." I understood it like the only option is to give a try because he had nothing to lose. And results can be seen now, he is a succesfull entrepreneur and his company is leading the markets in Europe. I agree the main point with him: if you don´t try, you can´t reach a thing. This advice goes well in every section of life, in your privat one or in work- as well in studylife.
Another speakers talked about doing your own thing with passion without suspicisions. When you figure out what is your thing, you have belive it 100 percent. And then only the sky is the limit. One guy told how he went to Silicon Valley with his company. It was nice to hear a success story but I think there is so long way me to even think or dream about going there. Another man was also supposed to speak about internalization but I think his time run out before he got there. But his speech was a great learning about re-branding you. He bought couple years ago an old traditionall finnish company with two other men. Since then they have done a huge face-lift to the company and it´s products. Which I really liked in their methods was that they haven´t fired all the old staff, rather the owners have taken along them. Nowdays in this company all staff members feel like they have an influence where and how the company is going. I could imagine that the staff like to work in this company and are pretty satisfied.
I really like the idea that owners and leaders in companies are coming up to think about their leading techniques. Like we have taught in school, you need to lead people not manage, when you want to have better results and profit. I so agree this. I hate this when manager underestimate my skills and knowledgement about my work. But I have also worked with a leader and it was so much better and fun! Then I can think with my brains and I learned so much more, and better. My opinion is more leading and less management!!

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti